The Project Manager will work in support of the Design Manager & Asset Manager; assist in developing the forward programme of works. Working with the Team leaders to provide effective profiling and monitoring of resource and budget forecasts throughout the life of Technology Schemes during development, design and delivery.
Typical Skills/Experience as follows:
- Proven project management within Highway projects or tasks, development and delivery to programme and budget in a safe environment.
- Display sound independent judgment, diverse and adaptable in approach.
- Developing, mentoring and supervision of less experienced and junior staff.
- To be able to work with or advise key clients on issues in the highway sector at a senior level.
- Good communication and report writing skills to meet with key client expectations.
- Strong IT skills, able to work with common Microsoft and bespoke packages.
- Good working knowledge of H&S procedures current CDM Regulations.
- Excellent communication skills with all key teams within the organisation to support the end to end delivery of projects from feasibility to construction.
- Strong commercial and programme risk management skills.
- In conjunction with the relevant leads ensure budgets are defined, profiled and understood.
- Take ownership and maintain relevant databases required for updates into reporting lines. Developing a robust interface between teams to enable a smooth and accurate flow of information for reporting. Prepare on specific requirements, timely and accurate reports or input to reports on the progress and cost against schedule, with explanations of any variance.
- Hold regular meetings with Team Leads, to involve resource planning, spend profiling, programme dates, delivery outputs and identify/escalate any risks. Provide guidance and manage where applicable.
- Collate and analyse information from a variety of sources, understanding, interpreting and summarising key points utilising both known techniques and exploring new data management techniques. Influence development and design progress using programme and budget.
- Monitoring and influencing resource utilisation, working with the team lead to ensure team members are fully utilised on the highest priority tasks and the correct level of resource is in place.
- Assist the Design Manager in association with the Design Team Leader, preparing the design delivery programme, identifying resource and budget for the annual Business Plan.
- Assist the Asset Manager in association with the Asset Team Leader, identifying resource and budget for the relevant funding streams.
- Attend various stakeholder meetings and provide, obtain detailed progress updates e.g. Client Portfolio Meeting
- Review CRB spend profile, Task Order submissions prior to sign off.
- Take and encourage a positive approach in relation to partnering with the Client, the supply chain and all other internal and external teams.
- Encouraging innovation and continuous improvement within the team and displaying sound independent judgement.
- Ensuring compliance with the Quality Management Systems.
- Complying with relevant Health & Safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations and adopting a pro-active risk management/mitigation approach.
- Performing other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
To apply for this position please email your CV together with a supporting letter to email@example.com