1. What is your job role?
Commercial Manager/ Senior Quantity Surveyor
2. Briefly summarise what this entails?
My roles involves commercial management throughout the entire life cycle of a project, through inception to delivery. My role involves but is not limited to pre-contract and post contract administration, contractual advice, change procedures, risk management, procurement, payment and final accounts.
3. Do you have a specialism in this role?
NEC Contracts; civil engineering particularly in highways
4. How long have you worked in this industry?
5. Do you have a keen interest in one particular field in the industry?
I’ve still yet to find a particular niche, I enjoy working on a varied set of competencies which the profession lends itself to.
6. What specialist training have you undertaken for your role?
BSc Hons Degree in Quantity Surveying and I am currently in the final stages of completing my APC
7. Where did you complete this training?
BSc Hons (Birmingham City University, RICS accredited)
8. How long have you worked at TRIQS?
6 Years, my first appointment out of university.
9. Whilst being with TRIQS how has your career developed?
During my time with TRIQS I’ve gained invaluable experience having the opportunity to work on small and large projects working with some highly skilled professionals.
10. Whilst being at TRIQS can you describe some of the projects you have worked on previously?
I have worked on a various number of projects, most recently I was the commercial lead on Branston Locks responsible for all contract administration this included change control, applications for payment, monthly CVR reporting through to all subcontract management. Previously I was also appointed the project surveyor to deliver this national pinch point scheme for Highways England, with works involving re-alignment and configuration to the local highway infrastructure on the A5 Preston & Emstrey.
11. What is the best thing about working for TRIQS?
Working with a cohesive team with boundless knowledge and experience at my disposal. The benefit of working with TRIQS allows me access and opportunity to work with likeminded professionals and gives me a gateway to work with first-rate clients and projects.
12. What has been your career highlight this far?
The first scheme I was ever appointed as a lead commercial surveyor was a true highpoint.
13. What are your career aims for the future?
To gain chartership, promote the profession & RICS
14. Tell us something that people don’t know about you?
I use to work on the tools for my father’s groundworks company growing up.