1. What is your job role?
My role is a graduate quantity surveyor.
2. Briefly summarise what this entails?
My role entails various responsibilities when working on projects:
- Variation Cost Plans
- Payment Certificates
- Tender Enquiries
- Settling Disputes
- Onsite Managing
- Complete progress reports which outlines the project costs, orders and a review of the project.
- Creating and updating project programme, using Asta Power Project.
- Create, issue and control orders
- Valuations for drawdown
- All meeting minutes and distributed to everyone in attendance
- Deal with queries and information for the funder.
3. Do you have a specialism in this role?
4. How long have you worked in this industry?
5. Do you have a keen interest in one particular field in the industry?
Residential but open to other fields.
6. What specialist training have you undertaken for your role?
I have gained a University degree in Construction Management and have enrolled to begin my CIOB chartership.
7. Where did you complete this training?
Nottingham Trent University and TRIQS.
8. How long have you worked at TRIQS?
9. Whilst being with TRIQS how has your career developed?
I believe my career has developed in different ways, I think I have become mor professional in the way I present and organise myself. I believe my knowledge of quantity surveying and construction has improved and developed massively. I have gained huge confidence on site which has been through the development programme provided by TRIQS.
10. Whilst being at TRIQS can you describe some of the projects you have worked on previously?
I started my TRIQS career at AMEY working on highways in Nottingham. Through this experience I gain knowledge of the processes and task that quantity surveying entails.
11. What is the best thing about working for TRIQS?
The best thing about working for TRIQS for me is the development programme, I believe I have continuous support on any problems or queries I come across on site.
12. What has been your career highlight this far?
So far my career highlight is finishing my first full project to an extent independently.
13. What are your career aims for the future?
I aim to be a fully chartered surveyor with a wide knowledge of the construction industry, with the hope to explore project managing.