1. What is your job role?
2. Briefly summarise what this entails?
To control and manage procurement matters for the business including recruitment of resource, legal elements including: employment contracts, client terms and conditions, and any other associated financials and legal matters.
3. Do you have a specialism in this role?
Not specifically as it’s a varied role, I take a holistic view of matters whilst also taking a risk based approach and oversight and management, whilst applying due diligence and simple logic.
4. How long have you worked in this industry?
I have over 35 years’ experience in a variety of sectors and roles at various levels
5. Do you have a keen interest in one particular field in the industry?
No, again I like to take a wider view and interest in as much as possible.
6. What specialist training have you undertaken for your role?
I have taken various courses over the years including, sales, negotiation, risk and compliance
7. Where did you complete this training?
The training was completed at various companies and training providers, they were mainly in a classroom environment with some also online.
8. How long have you worked at TRIQS?
I have worked at TRIQS since 2011 working within the commercial sector in Construction
9. Whilst being with TRIQS how has your career developed?
I originally started in 2011 for a specific task. Since then, I have watched the company grow from 4 employees to where we are today with progressive plans and strategy for the future. During this time, I have learnt a lot and developed as an individual also from both a personal perspective and business perspective- the two-go hand in hand in my mind.
10. Whilst being at TRIQS can you describe some of the projects you have worked on previously?
Everything I do in an away is a mini project – I have been involved and contributed in a lot over the past 7 years to varying degrees and input. I am still here so they must have gone well on the whole.
11. What is the best thing about working for TRIQS?
Varied role, simple structure, little bureaucracy, professional ethos but work hard play hard philosophy. Good working environment and nice colleagues /people
12. What has been your career highlight this far?
Watching the business grow, develop and being part of it.
Enjoy giving back and contribute and help more junior members settle and grow and develop themselves.
13. What are your career aims for the future?
Just do the best I can do and take pride in what I do, whilst being mindful that I’m not going to get everything right-but take responsibility.
In the summer and spring finish at an appropriate time to have 9 holes of golf twice during the week to break the week up and also to take out any frustrations out of the ball.
14. Tell us something that people don’t know about you?
That I am so clever, that I sometimes don’t understand a single word of what I am saying.