1. What is your job role?
2. Briefly summarise what this entails?
To provide quantity surveying and commercial services whilst ensuring professional stature in accordance with the company standards, processes and procedures and statute. I provide commercial and contractual management of various highways projects to the Strategic Road Network in the Midlands.
3. Do you have a specialism in this role?
Most of my work experience has been tailored about Highways and Civil Engineering.
4. How long have you worked in this industry?
I have worked within this industry for the past 6.5 years
5. Do you have a keen interest in one particular field in the industry?
Estimation of highways projects
6. What specialist training have you undertaken for your role?
I undertook a part time BSc degree in Quantity Surveying in doing so I achieved a first-class honours degree. I am now currently working towards achieving chartership with the RICS.
7. Where did you complete this training?
I completed my degree at Birmingham City University and I am working towards my APC at TRIQS with the support from my counsellor Alex.
8. How long have you worked at TRIQS?
I began working for TRIQS in January 2015
9. Whilst being with TRIQS how has your career developed?
I have progressed in to providing commercial and contractual services throughout the life-cycle of a project from producing value management documentation, estimates, targets to finalising the accounts.
10. Whilst being at TRIQS can you describe some of the projects you have worked on previously?
The A50 Blurton to Trentham Lakes scheme involved the widening of the A50 near to Stoke on Trent and involved the construction and installation of a large retaining wall structure. This project required astute commercial governance due to the large supply chain engaged and the substantial traffic management installation utilised.
11. What is the best thing about working for TRIQS?
The support that the company provides to younger QS’s in establishing their initial career steps is very commendable and is not something which many companies do.
12. What has been your career highlight this far?
Completing my degree
13. What are your career aims for the future?
I wish to work on a large scale project; one in which pride can be sought and which remains pertinent for a long length of time. I also wish to be a chartered quantity surveyor.