1. What is your job role?
Graduate Quantity Surveyor
2. Briefly summarise what this entails?
To assist in the provision of quantity surveying and commercial services whilst ensuring professional stature in accordance with the company standards, processes and procedures and statute.
3. Do you have a specialism in this role?
Law and highways
4. How long have you worked in this industry?
5. Do you have a keen interest in one particular field in the industry?
6. What specialist training have you undertaken for your role?
Law Degree and currently completing a MSc in Quantity Surveying
7. Where did you complete this training?
University of the West of England, Bristol – Degree
Distance learning from Northumbria University – MSc
8. How long have you worked at TRIQS?
2 years and 3 months
9. Whilst being with TRIQS how has your career developed?
I have developed as a quantity surveyor and as a professional and now have a more detailed knowledge of highways projects
10. Whilst being at TRIQS can you describe some of the projects you have worked on previously?
I worked for Skanska final accounting the Milton Interchange project and currently am managing a team of quantity surveyors and admin staff for Amey on a reactive maintenance contract
11. What is the best thing about working for TRIQS?
Support with development
12. What has been your career highlight this far?
The development of my role at Amey where I now manage a team of six quantity surveyors
13. What are your career aims for the future?
My goal is to work on legal disputes and dispute resolution within the industry